Commissioner Administration of Unit Service
All commissioner leaders should also obtain this guidebook. Download the latest version by clicking here.
It includes chapters on:
Putting a Unit Service Plan Into Action including the 6 major tasks to make a volunteer system work.
Administrative Commissioners—Specific lists of responsibilities for
- Council commissioners
- Assistant Council commissioners
- District commissioners
- Assistant District commissioners
Includes desired qualities, responsibilities, commissioner priorities, and a special note on Exploring.
A Guide for Commissioners on Good Volunteer-Professional Relationships
Commissioner Recruiting—a definitive reference.
Early Warning Signals
Includes good signals and danger signals when observing units.
The Annual Commissioner Service Plan
How to Remove a Volunteer
The appendix includes:
- Orientation Meeting for New Unit Commissioners
- Orientation for New District Commissioners
- Training Topics for Commissioner Staff Meetings
- The Lone Scout Commissioner—Volunteer duties and 12 reasons to become a Lone Scout
- District Commissioner Staff Roster—form
- Sample Monthly District Commissioner Meeting Agenda